A night of restful sleep is probably the best way to get yourself relieved of all the stress and tensions of daily life be it personal or professional life. At such times the body needs rest so that it can function properly. The Memory Foam Mattress is an amazing affordable non toxic mattress which molds to the contours of your body as it warms up.
The memory foam mattress was first invented by NASA for their space program due to its versatility and the molding capacity. Since then memory foam has been used for many different products such as helmets, seat padding, elbow and knee padding, etc.
Here are the top 7 tips to getting restful sleep on your memory foam mattress:
- Doing it right – Clean up the clutter from your bed and bedroom. Wear comfortable clothes preferable cotton as they tend to breathe more than other fibers. A clean and comfortable surrounding makes you have a good night sleep. A change of mattress is advisable in every 6-7 years as by then they tend to lose their shape.
- Position – A lot of sleeping related problems develop due to not having a proper sleeping posture. A proper posture for sleeping is to keep the body straight which means that your head and neck are in a straight line. Avoid sleeping on your stomach as it increases the chances of aches and pains in the abdominal area.
- Food – Avoid having meals at least 2 hours before you plan to sleep so that the body is able to process the food and not have to work overtime. Have a warm glass of milk 30 minutes before sleeping and you will sleep like a baby with the aid of the comfortable mattress size of course. Do not ever sleep feeling hungry as that means you will wake up in the middle of the night for a snack which will hamper your sleep and metabolism.
- Shower – Try and take a shower before sleeping, it will help you wash away the dirt and the sweat of the day and make you feel fresh and relaxed.
- Music – Tune in to some soothing and relaxing music which will help you drift into the sleep world. Medical experts have said that soothing music relaxes the mind which in turn relaxes the body. Once the mind is relaxed all the stress and tensions are pulled away from you.
- Lighting – It is probably one of the most important points that we choose to ignore. There should be no light or electronic equipment on or near the bed. The electric impulse from the electronics can mess up your good night’s sleep and make you all cranky in the morning.
- Choosing – Choosing a proper mattress is key as there are many technologies that have come into the market regarding memory foam. You should choose the one that makes you comfortable and not goes by the salesman’s pitch.
Goodnight sleep is the key to a healthy life. So follow these steps and you will always wake up feeling fresh and relaxed to take on the world. Remember to clean memory foam mattress topper regularly.